It seems like spring weather has only just arrived, it’s already time to start thinking about spring cleaning. It may not be everyone favorite task but spring cleaning can go a long way in making summer fun easier. Let’s get started.
- The first thing you’re going to want to do is to make a schedule, take a look around the house and see what needs to be tackled. Chances are you won’t be able to get to everything in just one weekend so don’t be afraid to focus on certain rooms or tasks while saving some for later.
- Our second step is to declutter your house. Do you have projects left over from the winter or worse yet, the summer before? Chance are if you haven’t finished them then they may not be that important. Take stock of things like your junk drawer and your garage shelves for items that you just don’t need anymore. Bonus points if you donate those items to an organization like Goodwill.
- When you tackling your house it’s important to work from top to bottom, clean the tops of items first when your dusting. When the dust settles you won’t have to sweep up a second time. This especially true of items like ceiling fans and the tops of tall dressers.
- Use a HEPA vacuum if you have one available, if not consider buying one. Using a HEPA vacuum means that you’re not just spreading those dust and allergens around, but instead you’re actually sucking them up.
- We clean our floors all the time but don’t forget that our walls and windows need love as well. Clean common areas where people hands touch walls and doors, you’ll be amazed at just how much comes off. Windows will frequently get cleaned from the inside but having a film of dirt on the outside of the window is just as unsightly.